Director Television Series Employment Agreementfor Your State
This agreement is used to employ a DGA director for a television series.
File types included
- Microsoft Word
- Adobe PDF
- Rich Text Format
- Mac OS X
For Immediate Download$19.95 Add to Cart
Free eSignature included
with every order
with every order
Please select a state
Our forms are kept up-to-date and accurate by our lawyers
Unlike other sites, every document on FindLegalForms.com is prepared by an attorney, so you can be sure that you are getting a form that is accurate and valid in your state.
Valid in your state
Our forms are guaranteed
to be valid in your state
Our team works tirelessly to keep our products current. As the laws change in your state, so do our forms.
In over 10 years of creating and selling legal forms, our focus has never changed: providing our customers high quality legal products, low prices and an experience that takes some confusion out of the law.
Sign your form online, free with any form purchase
We now provide a free Electronic Signature Service to all of our visitors. There are no hidden charges or subscription fees, it's just plain free.
60-Days Money Back
Try our forms with no risk
If you are unhappy with your form purchase for any reason at all, contact us within 60 days and we will refund 100% of your money back.
This Director’s Television Series Employment Agreement (DGA Director) is between a producer and a director to direct a television series. This agreement sets out the terms of the engagement including commencement of services, compensation and final cutting authority. This Employment Agreement also incorporates a list of Additional Directing Employment Terms. It is crucial that a Director’s Television Series Employment Agreement (DGA Director) be memorialized in writing. A written agreement will prove invaluable if there are future disagreements or misunderstandings between the parties.
This Director’s Employment Agreement for a TV Series contains the following:
Protect Yourself and Your Rights by using our professionally prepared and up-to-date forms.
This attorney-prepared packet contains:
This Director’s Employment Agreement for a TV Series contains the following:
- Parties: Sets out the names of the producer and director;
- Engagement: Director shall render services in connection with rehearsals, production, photography, trailers and other promotional materials;
- Commencement: Sets out the date the director will render exclusive services for the TV series;
- Compensation: The compensation paid to director including any compensation paid for reruns;
- Transportation: Producer will provide transportation for the director to and from the TV series set;
- Cutting Authority: Director shall have the final cutting authority;
- Additional Directing Employment Terms: Additional terms which may be required including unique services, controls and publicity, director name and likeness and failure to utilize services or produce or release series;
- Signatures: Both the producer and director must sign the agreement.
Protect Yourself and Your Rights by using our professionally prepared and up-to-date forms.
This attorney-prepared packet contains:
- General Information
- Director’s Television Series Employment Agreement (DGA Director)
Number of Pages15
DimensionsDesigned for Letter Size (8.5" x 11")
EditableYes (.doc, .wpd and .rtf)
UsageUnlimited number of prints
DIRECTOR’S TELEVISION SERIES EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT
(To employ a DGA Director)
THIS AGREEMENT is made and entered into as of _________________ between _________________ (“Producer”) and _________________ (“Director”). The parties hereto agree as follows:
1. ENGAGEMENT: Producer hereby employs Director, and Director accepts such employment, upon the terms and conditions herein contained and subject to the terms of the Basic Agreement (as hereinafter defined) to provide the services of Director to Producer as the director of a thirty (30) minute program presently entitled “_________________” (the “Program”) of the television series entitled “_________________” (“Series”). Director shall render services in connection with rehearsals, production, photography, trailers, promotionals, and other film or tape material to be exhibited in connection with the Program, and otherwise in connection therewith until Producer secures a fully edited composite print thereof satisfactory to Producer.
2. COMMENCEMENT OF SERVICES: Director shall render exclusive services to Producer commencing on or about _________________ or such other date as Producer and Director shall mutually determine, and said services shall continue for a period (the “minimum guarantee period” herein) of not less than _________________ (_________________) days until the completion of Director’s services hereunder. Principal photography is presently scheduled to begin on or about _________________. A day’s work by Director in connection with preparation, rehearsals and cutting need not run consecutively with other work days or with shooting dates.
3. COMPENSATION: As full and complete consideration for all undertakings of Director and the services to be rendered by Director, and the results and proceeds thereof, and all rights and materials herein purchased, granted and agreed to be granted, and upon the condition that Director shall fully and faithfully perform all of Director’s obligations hereunder and shall fully and faithfully complete all services which may be required of Director hereunder, Producer shall pay to Director, and Director agrees to accept, the following compensation:
(a) The sum of _________________ Dollars ($_________________) for the minimum guarantee period hereunder (which sum represents scale compensation for three (3) days of prep and five (5) days of shooting); in the event Producer requires Director to render services (other than services which Producer is entitled to require pursuant to the Basic Agreement without additional payment) beyond the minimum guarantee period, Producer shall pay Director the sum of _________________ Dollars ($_________________) for each day Director so renders services to Producer beyond the minimum guarantee period. The guaranteed compensation shall be payable upon completion of principal photography and any additional compensation shall be payable on Producer’s regular payday of the week following completion of principal photography.
(b) Producer shall have the unlimited right (i) to rerun the Program and Series on television, (ii) make foreign telecasts thereof, (iii) release the Program and Series theatrically outside the United States and Canada and (iv) release the Program and Series in supplemental markets anywhere in the world. In the event Producer exercises any of such rights, Director shall receive therefor additional compensation only to the extent and in the minimum amounts required by the applicable provisions of the Basic Agreement. If the Program is included with other Series programs in a film given a foreign theatrical release the foreign theatrical residual payment required by the Basic Agreement will be divided equally among the directors of the programs so released. There shall be no theatrical exhibition of the Program in the United States or Canada without Director’s written consent.
4. TRANSPORTATION: Producer shall provide Director with transportation to and from the set during the term of Director’s engagement hereunder.
5. CUTTING AUTHORITY: _________________ shall have final cutting authority.
6. NOTICES: The addresses of the parties for notices hereunder shall be:
With a copy to: _________________
All payments due or payable to Director from Producer herein may be made by check to Director or agent at the above address and the receipt by such agent shall be good and valid discharge of all such indebtedness.
7. REFERENCE: The terms and conditions under which Producer has employed Director to provide services hereunder are those set forth in this Principal Agreement and in the Additional Series Directing Terms (herein the “Additional Terms”) attached hereto and by this reference made a part hereof. Wherever the words “this agreement”, “herein”, “hereunder”, “hereby”, or similar words are used, those terms shall refer to this Principal Agreement and the Additional Terms attached hereto. Any word or phrase used in this Principal Agreement which is defined in said Additional Terms shall be deemed to be used and defined in accordance with the definitions set forth in the Additional Terms. In the event of any express inconsistency between the terms of this Principal Agreement and said Additional Terms, the terms of this Principal Agreement shall control.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have executed this Agreement the day and year first above written.
ADDITIONAL DIRECTING EMPLOYMENT TERMS
A. Basic Agreement. As used herein, “Basic Agreement” shall mean either the Director’s Guild of America, Inc. Basic Agreement of 2002 and any agreement in extension or replacement thereof.
B. Performance of Services. Director shall render all services required hereunder at _________________ or its environs, at such studio or otherwise as Producer may from time to time designate, or such other place or places as reasonably required by Producer from time to time during the term hereof. Director shall render all services under the supervision, direction and control of Producer, as exercised by Producer from time to time, and Director shall perform all services in a diligent and conscientious manner, and to the best of Director’s ability, Director to comply promptly and faithfully with all reasonable instructions, directions, requests, rules and regulations (including those relating to matters of artistic taste and judgment) made or issued by Producer. Director shall also render as required by Producer all of the services usually and customarily rendered by persons employed or otherwise rendering services of the type and nature to be rendered by Director hereunder in the preparation and the production of motion pictures, television motion pictures, and television programs in the motion picture and television industries. Director’s services shall be rendered solely and exclusively to Producer during the period beginning with commencement of Director’s services as specified in Paragraph 2 hereof through the delivery of Director’s final cut or master videotape recording of each Series program for which Director is employed hereunder. No services rendered for Director’s own account or for any third party shall in any way interfere with Director’s performance of any such services at such times and places as Producer may require pursuant to the terms hereof.
C. Services Unique. The rights granted to Producer and the services to be rendered by Director hereunder are of a special, unique, unusual, extraordinary and intellectual character, giving them peculiar value, the loss of which cannot be reasonably or adequately compensated in damages; a material breach by Director hereunder or the material failure by Director to render services hereunder would cause Producer irreparable injury and damage. Accordingly, Producer shall be entitled to seek injunctive or other equitable relief to prevent such breach and to prevent Director from performing services for himself or any person other than Producer, and for such other relief as to which Producer may be entitled; resort to any such equitable relief shall not, however, be construed as a waiver of any other rights or remedies to which Producer may be entitled for damages, suspension, termination or otherwise.
D. Rights and Materials.
1. Producer shall own in perpetuity all rights of whatever kind and character, throughout the world and in any and all languages, in and to the results and proceeds of Director’s services hereunder, including without limitation to the generality of the foregoing, each Series program, all material, themes, ideas, operations, products, titles, composition, works, writings, “gags”, “business”, dialogue, and all other matter (all of the foregoing also included in the term “materials” herein) written suggested, composed, created, prepared, submitted, or interpolated by Director for or in connection with the services to be rendered by Director hereunder. In connection with the foregoing, Director expressly agrees that Producer shall be entitled to and hereby acquires the maximum rights permitted to be obtained by employers and purchasers of materials under applicable guild or union agreements. All said materials shall automatically become the property of Producer, and Director hereby transfers and agrees to transfer and assign to Producer all said rights and materials, it being understood that Producer for this purpose shall be deemed to be the author thereof, Director acting hereunder for this purpose entirely as Producer’s employee-for-hire. Producer shall have the right to obtain all copyrights and copyright renewals, and any other protections whatsoever therefor.
2. Producer shall have the right, but not the obligation, to use, adapt, change, revise, delete from, add to or rearrange each Series program, the materials, or any part thereof, and to combine same with other works or materials of Director or of others, and to vend, copy, publish, reproduce, record, transmit, broadcast by radio and/or television, perform, photograph with or without sound, including spoken words, dialogue and music synchronously recorded, and to communicate the same by any means now known or hereafter devised, either publicly and for profit, or otherwise; Director waives throughout the world the benefit of any law, doctrine or principle known as “Droit Moral”, or “moral rights of authors” or any similar law, doctrine or principle however denominated.
Producer and Director, on Producer’s and Director’s own behalf and on behalf of their successors in title, licensees and assigns hereby assign to Producer in perpetuity all rental and lending rights (whether implemented pursuant to the EC Rental and Lending Rights Directive or otherwise) to which Director may now be or hereafter may become entitled therefrom. Producer and Director agree, on Producer’s and Director’s own behalf and on behalf of their successors in title, licensees and assigns, not to institute, support, maintain or permit directly or indirectly any litigation or proceedings instituted or maintained on the ground the Producer’s (or its designee’s) exercise of the rights granted to Producer in the Series program in any way constitutes an infringement or violation of any such rental or lending right as aforesaid. To the extent (if any) that any part of the compensation payable to the Director is required by any legislation to be specifically attributed to any such rights as are herein set out in order to constitute full, equitable, proper and adequate remuneration therefor, then the Producer, and the Director agree that ten percent (10%) of such compensation shall be deemed attributed thereto. Nothing herein shall prevent the Producer on behalf of the Director from receiving any monies collected on behalf of authors by any bona fide collection societies in respect of such rights provided that neither the Producer nor any assignees or licensees of the Producer shall have any obligation to make any payments to the Director or to such collecting societies in respect of such rights or to collect and/or pay to the Director any amounts in relation thereto.
3. Director shall, at Producer’s request, execute, verify, acknowledge and deliver to Producer or procure the execution, verification, acknowledgment and delivery to Producer of such assignments, documents or other instruments which Producer may from time to time deem reasonably necessary or desirable to evidence, establish, maintain, protect, enforce or defend its rights hereunder to fully effectuate and carry out the intent and purposes of this Agreement and to convey to Producer those rights in and to the materials to be supplied to Producer by Director hereunder. If Director shall fail to execute, acknowledge or deliver to Producer any agreements, quitclaims or other instruments reasonably required by Producer hereunder, then Producer is hereby irrevocably appointed Director’s attorney-in-fact (which agency shall be deemed coupled with an interest) with full right, power and authority to execute, acknowledge, verify and deliver the same in the name of and on behalf of Director.
E. Representations and Warranties. Director hereby represents, warrants and agrees as follows:
1. Director is free to enter into this Agreement and is not subject to any obligation or disability which will to the best of Director’s knowledge, prevent or interfere with Director fully keeping and performing all of the agreements, covenants and conditions to be kept or performed by Director hereunder, and Director has not made nor will not make any agreement, commitment, grant or assignment, or will do, or omit to do, any act or thing which shall interfere with or impair the complete enjoyment of the rights granted and the services to be rendered to Producer.
2. Any and all materials furnished, suggested and/or delivered to Producer by Director hereunder, and all parts thereof, shall be wholly original with Director except for materials in the public domain, and shall not be copied in whole or in part from any other work or materials (except that submitted to Director by the Producer as a basis for such materials), and neither the materials nor the use thereof shall infringe upon or violate any right of privacy of or constitute a libel, slander, or any unfair competition against, or infringe upon or violate the copyright, common law rights, literary, dramatic, photoplay, rights of privacy or publicity, or any other rights of any person, firm, corporation or other entity.
3. Director is, or agrees to become, and will remain throughout the term hereof a member in good standing of the properly designated labor organization or organizations (as defined and determined under applicable law) representing persons performing services of the type and character that are to be performed by Director hereunder. Producer may, but shall not be obligated to, deduct from the compensation payable to Director hereunder and pay to such guild or union any dues or assessments which such guild or union informs Producer are owed by Director.
4. Director represents that Director is aware that it is a criminal offense under the Federal Communications Act of 1934, as amended, (“Communications Act”) for any person, in connection with the production or preparation of any television program to accept or pay any money, service, or other valuable consideration for the inclusion of any plug, reference or product identification or other matter as a part of such program unless such acceptance or payment is disclosed in the manner required by law. Director further understands that it is Producer’s policy not to knowingly permit the acceptance or payment of any such consideration and that any such acceptance or payment will be cause of immediate dismissal, it being Producer’s intention that each Series program shall be capable of being broadcast without the necessity of any disclosure or announcement which would otherwise be required by Section 317 or Section 508 of the Communications Act. Director represents, warrants and agrees that Director has not paid or accepted, and will not pay or accept any money, service or other valuable consideration for the inclusion of any plug, reference or product identification or any other matter in any Series program, and that Director has no knowledge of any information relating to any Series program which is required to be disclosed by Director under Section 508 of the Communications Act. Director will promptly deliver to Producer, upon request, such affidavits and/or statements as Producer may require with respect to said Section 508.
5. Director shall indemnify and hold Producer, any station or network telecasting the Series, each sponsor and its advertising agency, and the shareholders, directors, officers, agents, employees, successors, licensees and assigns of any of the foregoing harmless from and against any and all liability, loss, damage, costs, charges, claims, actions, causes of action, recoveries, judgments, penalties and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, which they or any of them may suffer by reason of: the use of any materials furnished or services rendered by Director hereunder; any claims for compensation by Director and/or claims for payment by any third party relating in any way to Director and/or any breach or alleged breach of any representation, warranty or agreement made by Director in this Agreement. Producer shall indemnify Director with respect to material furnished to Director by Producer to the same extent as Director is indemnifying Producer hereunder.
F. Insurance. Producer may secure in its own name or otherwise, and at its own expense, life, health, accident, cast or other insurance covering Director, or Director and others and Director shall not have any right, title or interest in or to any such insurance. If Director shall be required to assist Producer to procure such insurance, Director shall submit to such medical and other examinations; and sign such applications and other instruments in writing, as may be reasonably required by Producer and any insurance company to which application for such insurance shall be made. Director represents and warrants that Director knows of no physical defect or other reason that would prevent Producer from obtaining insurance on Director without payment of extra premium and without exclusions. If Producer is unable to so obtain insurance on Director without payment of extra premium and without exclusions, Producer shall have the right to terminate this Agreement on or before thirty (30) days after Director shall have failed to pass a physical examination or otherwise qualify for such insurance as provided hereinabove.
G. Controls and Publicity. As between Director and Producer, Producer shall have full and exclusive budgetary, financial, business and creative control over each Series program. Director shall not at any time without Producer’s prior written approval had and obtained in each case (whether before, during or after the term hereof) release or authorize any information, advertising or publicity relating to the engagement hereunder, the programs hereunder, Producer or Producer’s personnel or operations; provided, however, that nothing herein contained shall preclude incidental mention of the Program in personal publicity relating primarily to Director, which is not derogatory to Producer or Producer’s personnel or operations, the Program or Series.
H. Name and Likeness. Director grants to Producer, its licensees, distributors, any station or network broadcasting the Series, or any sponsor or advertising agency of any of the foregoing, the non-exclusive right to display, reproduce, and make any other uses of Director’s name, likeness, voice, biography, photograph and picture, such uses to be made, however, only in connection with Director’s services hereunder, and the advertising or exploitation of the Series, the literary material upon which the Series is based, or of any of Producer’s rights hereunder, and for commercial advertising or publicity or other commercial exploitation in connection with the Program or Series, any licensee or distributor of the Program, any station or network broadcasting the Series or any sponsor or advertising agency of the foregoing or Director’s services for Producer; in any such advertising or publicity or other commercial exploitation, Director shall not be represented as directly endorsing any such product, commodity or service, without Director’s consent. Unless Director shall appear as an actor in the Program, in advertising and publicity relating to the Program, Producer shall not represent Director as appearing therein as an actor.
I. Interruption. If Director fails, refuses or is unable for any reason whatsoever to render any of Director’s material services hereunder or to perform any of Director’s material obligations hereunder, or if Producer’s development and/or production of any Series program hereunder is interrupted or materially interfered with by reason of any governmental law, ordinance, order or regulation, or by reason of fire, flood, earthquake, labor dispute, lock-out, strike, accident, act of God or public enemy or by reason of any other cause, thing or occurrence of the same or any other nature not within Producer’s control, Producer shall have the right: (i) to terminate this Agreement (whether or not Producer has theretofore suspended the Agreement as hereinafter provided) and Producer shall have no further obligation to Director hereunder, or, (ii) at Producer’s option, to suspend this Agreement for a period equal to the duration of any such failure, refusal, or inability or the occurrence of any of the foregoing events, and no compensation shall be paid or become due to Director hereunder for such period; provided, however, that if Producer shall terminate this Agreement on account of the occurrence of a so-called “force majeure” and shall thereafter resume production of the Program, Producer shall offer to re-engage Director to complete the Program at such times as Producer may require therefor. No suspension shall relieve Director of Director’s obligations hereunder as and when required by Producer under the terms hereof, except during the continuance of a disability of Director. If this Agreement and Director’s services hereunder are suspended by reason of any disability, default or force majeure, Producer’s then current obligation, if any, to use Director’s services (and/or make the applicable payments to Director pursuant to Paragraph 3(a) of the Principal Agreement) shall be reduced by one (1) Series program for each Series program produced while Director’s services remain suspended. Unless this Agreement shall have been previously terminated as provided hereinabove, any such suspension shall end as soon as the cause of such suspension ceases, and all time periods and dates hereunder shall be extended by a period equal to the period of such suspension.
J. Preemption and Cancellation. Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary, Producer shall have the further right to suspend, cancel and/or terminate this Agreement, or suspend production or broadcast of any Series program hereunder without liability or payment to Director at any time under such circumstances that the contract for the production or broadcasting of any Series program is terminated, canceled or suspended, by reason of force majeure. If any Series program hereunder is suspended or canceled, or if the Contract is suspended terminated or canceled, as a result of the illness or other incapacity of the producer or a principal star, the services of Director hereunder shall likewise be suspended, canceled or terminated, as the case may be, without any further liability or payment to Director, unless Producer receives reimbursement from the network or the sponsor or its advertising agency, in which case Director shall receive compensation hereunder on a prorated basis to the extent received by Producer. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this Paragraph J., Producer may terminate the Agreement pursuant to this Paragraph J. only if agreements for the services of principal cast members who have not completed their services in connection with the Program shall likewise be terminated.
K. Termination by Director. Notwithstanding any contrary provision hereof, or the operation of law, this Agreement shall not be terminated because of a breach by Producer of any of the terms, provisions or conditions contained herein unless and until Director has given Producer written notice of any such breach and Producer has not within a period of thirty (30) days after receipt of such notice from Director, commenced to cure such breach.
L. Failure to Utilize Services or Produce or Release Series. Producer shall have no obligation to make, produce, release, telecast, distribute, advertise or otherwise exploit any Series program, whether or not containing the services and/or materials to be delivered to Producer by Director hereunder, or to use the Director’s services or the rights granted hereunder in connection therewith or otherwise, and Producer is hereby and shall be released from any obligation for any such failure of Producer so to do; nothing in this Paragraph L shall, however, be deemed to relieve Producer of the obligation to pay to Director the compensation due Director pursuant to the terms of this Agreement.
M. Credit. Producer shall accord to Director screen credit on positive prints of each Series program which is directed substantially in its entirety by Director hereunder in accordance with the terms of the Basic Agreement. Subject to the foregoing, Producer shall determine in its sole discretion, the manner, form, size, style, nature and placement of such credit. No casual or inadvertent failure of Producer to comply with the provisions hereof with respect to credit, no failure of any other person to comply with its agreement with Producer relating to such credit and/or no error or omission in giving credit due to acts of third persons, or where the exigencies of time make the giving of credit impracticable, shall constitute a breach of this Agreement by Producer. In the event of a breach of this Agreement with respect to credit, Director’s remedies, if any, shall be limited to the right to recover damages in an action at law, and in no event shall Director be entitled to terminate or rescind this Agreement, revoke any of the rights herein granted or to enjoin or restrain the distribution or exhibition of any Series program.
N. Notices. All notices, accountings and payments (“Notices”) which either Producer or Director shall be required to give, make or serve hereunder shall be in writing and shall be served by United States mail if both parties are located within its territorial boundaries or by overnight air courier if either party is outside of the territorial United States or by telegraph or cable or by telephonic facsimile or personal delivery as provided herein. Service of any notice, statement or other paper by either party shall be deemed complete if and when the same is personally delivered to such party, upon receipt by such party of a telegraph or cable or telephonic facsimile, or upon its deposit in the continental United States in the United States mail, postage or toll prepaid registered or certified mail, return receipt requested, and addressed to the party which is the recipient at its address herein or by overnight courier outside of the continental United States, prepaid and addressed as aforesaid. Any party hereto may change its address for the purpose of receiving notices, demands and other communications as herein provided by a written notice given in the manner aforesaid to the other party or parties hereto. If the last date on which a notice is required under this Agreement shall fall on a Saturday, Sunday, or a day (a “closed day” herein) on which the department of the sending party that is responsible for sending such notice shall not be open for business, then (notwithstanding any other provision hereof) such last date shall be deemed postponed until the first day that shall not be a Saturday, Sunday, or closed day.
1. No waiver by either party hereto of any failure by the other party to keep or perform any covenant or condition of this Agreement shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or succeeding breach of the same, or any other covenant or condition. Neither the expiration of this Agreement nor any other termination (whether by Producer’s election or otherwise) shall affect the ownership by Producer of the materials to be prepared and delivered to Producer by Director hereunder or the results and proceeds of the services rendered by Director according to the terms and provisions of this Agreement, or alter any of the rights or privileges granted Producer, or any warranty or undertaking on the part of Director in connection therewith.
2. Producer shall have the right to lend Director’s services or to assign this Agreement to any person who shall assume Producer’s obligations under this Agreement, but no such lending or assignment shall relieve Producer of its obligations hereunder. Any breach by such person, however, of any of the terms of this Agreement shall not constitute a breach by Producer of its obligations and covenants under this Agreement, nor shall Director have the right to terminate this Agreement by reason of any such breach by such person, unless and until Director shall have given Producer notice of any such breach and Producer shall have not cured such breach within ten (10) business days following receipt of such notice from Director. If Producer does not cure such breach as aforesaid, Director may elect to be released from the obligation to render further services to such person. Director shall not have the right to assign this Agreement or any of Director’s rights hereunder.
3. The remedies herein provided shall be deemed cumulative and the exercise of any one shall not preclude the exercise of or be deemed a waiver of any other remedy, nor shall the specification of any remedy hereunder exclude or be deemed a waiver of any rights or remedies at law, or in equity, which may be available to Producer, including any rights to damages or injunctive relief. All rights granted to Producer are irrevocable and without right of rescission by Director or reversion to Director under any circumstances whatsoever, and if Producer elects to terminate (or purports to terminate) this Agreement (and even if such termination or purported termination is ultimately determined by a court to have been without proper or legal cause or it is ultimately determined by such court that the Producer committed any material breach of this Agreement), Director’s rights and remedies in any event whatsoever shall be strictly limited, if otherwise available, to the recovery of damages and in no event shall Director have the right to rescind this Agreement, revoke any of the rights herein granted, or enjoin or restrain the production, distribution or exhibition of any Series program or any remake, sequel, television program or motion picture based thereon.
4. This Agreement shall be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with, and governed by, the laws of the State of _________________ applicable to agreements executed and to be wholly performed within the State of _________________. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed so as to require the commission of any act or the payment of any compensation which is contrary to law or to require the violation of the Basic Agreement or any other written agreement between Producer and the Directors Guild of America, Inc. or any other guild or union applicable guild or union agreement applicable hereto and which may from time to time be in effect and by its terms controlling with respect to this Agreement; in the event there shall be any conflict between any provision of this Agreement and any such applicable law, or applicable guild or union agreement, the latter shall prevail, and the provision or provisions of this Agreement affected shall be modified to the extent (but only to the extent) necessary to remove such conflict and permit compliance with such law or applicable guild or union agreement, and as so modified this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
5. Producer shall have the right to the maximum extent permissible under the Basic Agreement, to apply all compensation paid to Director under this Agreement as a credit against any and all amounts which may be required under the Basic Agreement to be paid to Director for Director’s services, the results and proceeds thereof, the rights granted by Director hereunder and the exercise thereof and for any other reasons whatsoever; provided, however, except as expressly provided to the contrary in this Agreement, Producer shall not apply any such overscale against any compensation that may become due and payable to Director hereunder on account of television reruns, theatrical exhibitions, foreign telecasting and supplemental uses of any Series program. If, pursuant to the Basic Agreement, Director is entitled to any payment in addition to or greater than those set forth herein, then any such additional or greater payment made by Producer shall, except to the extent expressly prohibited by the Basic Agreement, be considered as an advance against and deducted from any sum which may subsequently become payable to Director hereunder. If in determining the payments to be made hereunder there is required any allocation of the compensation paid to Director as between Director’s various services, Director agrees to be bound by such allocation as may be made by Producer in good faith.
6. This instrument constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and cannot be modified except by a written instrument signed by Director and an authorized officer of Producer. No officer, employee or representative of Producer has any authority to make any representation or promise in connection with this Agreement or the subject matter hereof which is not contained herein, and Director agrees that Director has not executed this Agreement in reliance upon any such representation or promise.
7. The headings of paragraphs hereof are inserted only for the purpose of convenient reference; such headings shall not be deemed to govern, limit, modify, or in any manner affect the scope, meaning or intent of the provisions of this Agreement or any part or portion thereof; nor shall they otherwise be given any legal effect. This document may be executed in one or more separate counterparts, each of which, when so executed, shall be deemed an original. Such counterparts shall, together, constitute and be one and the same instrument. Unless the context otherwise requires, the masculine gender throughout this Agreement includes the feminine and neuter, and the use of the singular with respect to Director includes the plural.
8. Unless required by the Basic Agreement, no additional compensation whatsoever shall accrue or be payable to Director, including without limitation to the generality of the foregoing, for any services rendered by Director at night, on Sundays or holidays, or after the expiration of any number of hours of service in any period.
9. Producer may deduct and withhold from the compensation payable to Director hereunder any amounts required to be deducted and withheld under the provisions of any statute, regulation, ordinance, order and any and all amendments thereto hereafter enacted requiring the withholding or deduction of compensation. If, pursuant to Director’s request or authorization, Producer shall make any payments or incur any charges for Director’s account, Producer shall have the right to deduct from any compensation payable to Director hereunder any charges so paid or incurred, but such right of deduction shall not be deemed to limit or exclude any other rights of credit or recovery or any other remedies that Producer may have; nothing hereinabove set forth shall be deemed to obligate Producer to make any such payments or incur any such charges.
10. If Producer is directed, by virtue of service of any garnishment, levy, execution or judicial order, to apply any amounts payable hereunder to any person, firm, corporation or other entity or judicial or governmental officer, Producer shall have the right to pay any such amounts in accordance with such directions, and Producer’s obligations to Director shall be discharged to the extent of such payments; if because of conflicting claims to amounts payable hereunder, Producer becomes a party to any judicial proceeding affecting payment or ownership of such amounts, Director shall reimburse Producer for all costs, including attorneys’ fees, incurred in connection therewith.
s b -
No Customer Comments